Monday, March 24, 2014

Beauty in Healing

“Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
-Matthew 11:28

Different people find healing in many different ways, although the most common thought would be through prescriptions. I mean, it’s sort of common sense to know that if you can get medicine, you will find healing. And I, by no means, am discrediting that notion.

But what do you do about emotional pain or spiritual hurt? Can I just ask for a dose of happiness or a worry-free serum?

I wish.

But among the copious healing solutions available, such as exercise, venting to loved ones, and the ever promising indulgence of chocolate, there is one that will work every time and provide a sense of healing like nothing else could ever match: time with the Lord.

“My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.”
-Proverbs 4:20-22

The Lord makes it clear that time spent in His Word (as in just simply reading the Bible) and in His presence through prayer will give you healing spiritually, mentally, and emotionally.


There is beauty in time spent with the Lord; beauty in healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment