Saturday, January 25, 2014

Beauty in the Sunrise


They say a picture is worth a thousand words. And yet, I can’t think of a single word that could possibly describe the emotion that welled inside me when this sunrise was before me. Every word that came to mind seemed…lacking.

You see, I’m a night owl; I rarely ever see the dawn. There are pros and cons to this, a pro (beyond the obvious) being a greater appreciation for the sunrise.

On the rare occasion I wake early enough to see the start of a new day, I can’t help but recite the song my mother sang to me every morning growing up:

“This is the day; this is the day that The Lord has made!
I will rejoice; I will rejoice and be glad in it!”

Don’t you see?? It’s a new day, a fresh start. No matter how yesterday or the past week or even the past five years have treated you, today is the day to start fresh, to get right with the Lord!

Paul writes in 2 Corinthians, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone and the new has come!”

There is beauty in the promise of a new day; beauty in its greeting: beauty in the sunrise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment